You can use Babbel on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop computer. Here are the system requirements needed for your different devices.
You don’t need to install any special software to use Babbel on your laptop or desktop computer. Babbel runs on all modern computers with an updated internet browser.
On your laptop or desktop, you can access Babbel through www.babbel.com. If you’re using an older computer, check to see if you meet these requirements:
- Operating system: either Windows 7 or above, or Mac OS X 10.12 or above
- A current internet browser: Chrome version 58 or above, Firefox version 50 or above, Edge
- Computer and processor:
- Display: 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
- 1GHz processor
- 1GB RAM
Note: We advises against using Babbel on Safari or Internet Explorer because they don’t provide our users with the best learning experience. If you’re using one of these browsers, you’re more likely to experience issues with our speech recognition function, and our engineers don’t consider them as secure as Chrome or Firefox.
To use Babbel on the go, you’ll need to download the Babbel app for your mobile device. We have both an iOS (Apple) and Android version of our app, which you can download here.
- If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to be running iOS 10.0 or above.
- If you have an Android phone or tablet, you’ll need to be running Android 6.0 or above.
Note: The Babbel app may not be supported on rooted devices or on those with a custom ROM.